The Real Estate and Housing Developers’ Association (REHDA) Malaysia continues to support the Government’s Home Ownership Campaign (HOC) 2019 initiative by organising HOC – MAPEX April 2019, happening this weekend (26 to 28 April 2019) in Mid Valley Convention Centre (MVEC).
More than 17,000 residential units with a total value of more than RM146 million will be on sale at the expo.
Owning a home is no easy task for most people nowadays, but there’s no harm in trying to push through the odds and work towards a solution. What better time to do these other than now, as the National Housing Ownership Campaign is still up and running.
This expo is a one-stop centre for purchasers to find their dream home.
So, who will be there?
- 72 private developers will be showcasing their properties located all over the Klang Valley, as well as Johor, Negeri Sembilan, Kelantan and Pulau Pinang, amongst others. Click here to get the list of registered projects.
- Government agencies;
- Ministry of Federal Territories’ RUMAWIP and Lembaga Perumahan Hartanah Selangor who will offer affordable housing options to the visitors
- National Housing Department
- Housing and Strata Management Tribunal
- Public Sector Home Financing Board
- Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit
- Employees’ Provident Fund
- Financial institutions;
- Maybank, MAPEX’s Strategic Financial Partner
- CIMB Bank
- Hong Leong Bank
- Hong Leong Investment Bank
- Public Bank
- RHB Bank
- United Overseas Bank.
Why is this the best time for you to buy?
Packed with incentives, tax waivers and promotions, Malaysia Property Expo 2019 for Klang Valley region is expected to push the sales up to the target of RM3 billion. Despite doubts surrounding the announced target, REHDA President Datuk Soam Heng Choon is confident in the improving market sentiment prior to the announcement of tax waivers and discounts offered by developers.
- Discounts and extra rebates – all developers are required to give at least 10% discount on all properties marketed at the expo. So, don’t be afraid to ask the sales rep, kaw-tim till you get the best price!
- Stamp Duty exemptions:
- Residential units priced between RM300,000 and RM1mil exempted from any stamp duties.
- Waiver for loan agreements for properties priced up to RM2.5 million
- Waiver for Memorandum of Transfer (MoT) for properties under RM1 million and a reduction of 1% for properties priced RM 1 million to RM2.5 million to 3% from the current 4%.
Be sure to look out for these options when it comes to discussing how to finance your dream home:
- DepositKu under FundMyHome – get up to RM300,000 loan to help homebuyers pay 20% downpayment to own a home under FundMyHome.
- Youth Housing Scheme by BSN
- Bank Negara Malaysia’s Fund for Affordable Homes – RM1 billion fund for Malaysian citizens with maximum monthly household income of RM2,300, property price up to RM150,000
- My First Home Scheme – RM25 million allocated by the govt. to Cagamas Bhd to provide mortgage guarantee facility under this scheme for loans by participating banks, such as CIMB.
Home Loan Pre-Approval
The first rule of thumb when buying properties is to buy only those you can afford. Avoid loan rejections before applying by using these handy tools:
Check Market Value with Property Advisor
Login to Property Advisor and get market insights of properties in the area of your interest!
Simply key in the address or area of your choice and get instant information on the value of properties based on actual transaction data. Use our data for reference in negotiation. Be more informed, make better decisions.
The Opening Ceremony for HOC – MAPEX April 2019 will be held on Friday, 26 April 2019 at MVEC at 3pm. Officiating the ceremony is Minister of Finance Yang Berhormat Tn Lim Guan Eng.
HOC – MAPEX April 2019 will also have several activities for kids, such as face painting, a colouring station, as well as free popcorn and cotton candy.
Meanwhile, among the speakers who have confirmed their participation for the property talk sessions are Mr Charles Tan of kopiandproperty.com, Mr Shamir R of www.preventcrimenow.com, Mr Iverson Lee of Joey Yap Consulting Group and Mr Sandeep Singh Grewal of SubHome Hospitality Group.
The three-day event begins at 10am until 9pm daily. For more information on the Expo and the Campaign, please visit www.mapex.com.my.
Follow Property Advisor on Facebook to get more updates and market insights on anything property in Malaysia!